11 March 2017

A Spring daisy bouquet

Hi there!

I haven't put away my  Spring daisy set from Altenew after I finished my previous card, and I guess the Altenew March inspiration photo was still on my mind... so I tried something I have never done before... a whole card front filled with flowers!

I was trying to capture the look of a close up photo of a bunch of daisies... let me just say there was a lot of masking and stamping involved... but it was so much fun!

Even more fun when I started the coloring process with my Zigs!

It's bright, bold and fun, and I once again took inspiration from the obvious colors, and the curves as I explained here!

spring daisy by Altenew

From the top to show the dimension:

Altenew Spring Daisy

... and a bit closer:

Altenew Spring Daisy


Because there is so much going on, I kept the rest of the design simple, but to be honest, I didn't want to cover up anything either!
I used my craft knife to cut a simple curve, and added a strip of glittery washi tape to the card base, popping up the two split panels with fun foam.

Also playing at:

The flower challenge  ~ Anything goes

Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge ~ For a special lady

Seize the birthday ~ Anything goes

   Altenew Spring Daisy


Thanks for visiting me today!

Hugs
Hannelie


19 comments:

Joan B said...

Amazing, lovr

Marjan said...

Het maskeren was vast nog het meeste werk, maar het is een prachtig resultaat!

Happy Dance said...

So glad you didn't put away this daisy set, Hannelie. All that masking and stamping was well worth it; this turned out just beautifully! Your coloring has given these blossoms so much dimension and depth, too. I absolutely love the split panel with the glitter showing. This is a beautiful card!! Bev

!neke said...

Heel mooi !!!!
Prachtig stempelwerk !!!!!

groeten Ineke

Nora Noll said...

I am enjoying all your daisy posts!! I am in awe of all the masking you did!! I had to do a little today and I do not enjoy it all that much. Your card is stunning!!

TaeEun said...

Wow!!! I was so surprised as I saw this in the gallery at The Flower Challenge! A new Hannelie indeed :)! Beautifully done with masking and coloring! Stunning card!!! Thank you for linking up this beauty at The Flower Challenge and at Seize the Birthday!!!

Aileen said...

So different to what I am use to seeing here but boy you nailed it. Absolutely eye catching, stnning, love it. And that touch of gold sparkle a perfect finish to those wonderful colours.

Cheryl W. said...

Fun card. This one definitely says "Celebrate!" It also looks like it took quite a while to make, and I'm sure the recipient will love it.

lostinpaper said...

Your panel of daisies certainly has the WOW factor in my book, what a lovely design and the vellum 'happy' and arc of glitter it's all a great combination without covering up the loveliness!

nancy littrell said...

Wow Hannelie...I LOVE your card front filled with gorgeous masked daisies and so beautifully colored with your Zigs. I love all the white space you left on your colored flowers. Adds so much dimension with a shadowy effect. Another stunnng card my friend with your new Altenew stamp set. TFS Hugs..

Bobby said...

I'm glad that daisy stamp urged you to make another card, Hannelie, because this is outstanding. I've pinned it for future reference. I usually just leave a card front plain but your arc shows me that there are ways to add just the right touch to take the card to the next level.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Hannelie: I was so surprise to see this card made by you in our gallery, I'm used to seeing your beautiful CAS cards and this one just blew me away. Love this panel filled with this colorful flowers, it was well worth the effort of masking and coloring.
The touch of gold across it finishes this card beautifully.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

That does look like a time consuming project, but it's so utterly happy! And colorful and pretty!! Your watercoloring is fantastic!

Ginger said...

STUNNING!! Love this stamp set. It's on my wish list. Please keep it handy for future cards. I'm always happy to see you in my Inbox.

Karren said...

Fabulous! Your masking and colouring look amazing!

debby4000 said...

WOW what a gorgeous floral card, absolutely love it.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Anita in France said...

Wow, Hannelie ... what a gorgeous riot of beautiful colour ... and delicious shimmer! So different from your usual style ... though equally gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Virginia L. said...

How gorgeous and sophisticated is this!! Love the stamped panel accompanied with the gold glitter strip....just gorgeous, Hannelie! So glad that you join the fun over Altenew March Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!